Standard study-related services include:
- Animal model feasibility and pre-study consultation (recommended)
- Pathology protocol creation (recommended)
- Examination of fixed tissues
- Histopathology: description, photography, analysis
- Reporting, with examination and investigation of outlier findings
- Peer review
Novelty is the norm in the medical device world.
Your innovative device, material, tissue, and animal model will be most welcome.
Tissue, organ, animal model experience
- Cardiac pacing leads (RV and LV), defibrillation leads, multiple species
- Intracardiac pressure sensors
- Catheters, too numerous to count
- Prosthetic heart valves
- Cardiac stents and stented devices in arteries
- Cell transplantation, heart
- Ablation devices (RF ablation, cryoablation, steam ablation) variously applied to heart, lung, liver, prostate
- Electroporation, heart and skeletal muscle
- Subcutaneous pulse generators
- Pulmonary embolism assessment
- Models – hypertension, heart failure, cardiac infarct
- Novel polymers
- Sinus and tonsillectomy materials
- Collagen-based biomaterials
Bone and neural:
- Drug delivery, intra-thecal space
- Deep brain stimulation
- Nerve cuffs
- Particulate debris, intra-thecal space
- Spinal laminectomy model with various materials
- Gastro-intestinal tract, electrical modulation
- Gastric revision
- Novel dialysis prototypes
- Leukemia model, mice
Nikon Eclipse Ci-L microscope with a D5-U3 camera and NIS-Elements software.
Quality Assurance is provided by Norma Lechtman, DVM, CQA, RQAP-GLP.
GLP-compliant SOPs are in force. A dual level of computer back-up is employed.